Posts Tagged Cat Care Tips
There is no doubt that cat is among the lovely animals that are not only friendly but also are very playful. Taking care of your pet cat is necessary in order to keep it in good health and refrain from it from getting bore. Following are some tips that will help you in taking good care of your furry, friendly pet.
- Cats love warmth, so give your cat a nice comfortable place in the sun or by a window side where it can sit and enjoy sunbath.
- Scratching is in the nature of cats as it provides an outlet for stress, and aids to trim the claws a bit. It is better to provide a scratching board to your pet cat. For this, consider getting a board with a wound rope made from sisal. This will also prevent your cat from clawing your expensive furniture.
- Provide your cat some hiding places around the house, if possible up high. For this, you can buy cat furniture, like cat trees, or you can create a comfortable area that is secluded.
- It is a good idea to spread some treats around the house in order to bring out the hunting instincts in the cat. This will also make its feeding more enjoyable.
- A litter box is one of the most important elements of cat care. Place the box in an isolated and quiet place that your cat likes, and ensure to provide multiple escape routes.
- Last but not the least, consider providing your pet cat some interesting cat toys. However, make sure that the toys you give to your cat are not harmful or else the cats may injure themselves while playing with these toys. A belt or a shoe lace can be a great toy and provide exercise for your pet cat.