Posts Tagged Cat Care
Tabby cats are not a breed. The coat of a tabby cat has a set of patterns, such as stripes, swirls, and a distinctive ‘M’ shaped mark on the forehead. The exact placement and shape of these patterns highly depends on the specific type of tabby. Like any other cat, tabby cats also need proper diet and stimulation to remain healthy, active, and happy.
You can keep your tabby cat happy by establishing its predictable feeding routine. For this, you need to feed your cat at the same time each day. It is better to use different types of foods and alternate both wet or dry food and ingredients for feedings.
If possible, provide your cat an access to running water. You can either provide running water from a tap at expected intervals or buy a cat fountain from a pet supply store.
Providing a small planter of cat grass, that is at least 2 inches tall, is also a good way to keep your cat happy. Place the planter away from the food and water dishes. Moreover, it is advisable to put any houseplants that are toxic to cats in a room where your cat is not allowed to go.
Place at least two litter boxes in two different rooms of the house, and do not change their place once they have been used. Clean them on daily basis or as required.
Keep your tabby cat happy by providing scratching posts or mats. It is preferable to place them near any object that the cat is presently scratching. You may need to scratch them yourself in order to teach the cat how to use them. Encourage your cat by feeding it after it begins using the post.
Get a cat-climbing tree from your local pet supply store and encourage the climbing behavior of your cat by placing a treat on higher platforms.
Cats love to watch outside world. Keeping window shades open will allow them a clear view of the outdoors. However, if your windows do have enough space to sit, you can provide a cat perch to sit and enjoy the outdoor scene.
Play with your tabby cat every day at the same time. You can also take it outside occasionally; however, you need to secure them with a leash to prevent them from running off and risking injury.
There is no doubt that cat is among the lovely animals that are not only friendly but also are very playful. Taking care of your pet cat is necessary in order to keep it in good health and refrain from it from getting bore. Following are some tips that will help you in taking good care of your furry, friendly pet.
- Cats love warmth, so give your cat a nice comfortable place in the sun or by a window side where it can sit and enjoy sunbath.
- Scratching is in the nature of cats as it provides an outlet for stress, and aids to trim the claws a bit. It is better to provide a scratching board to your pet cat. For this, consider getting a board with a wound rope made from sisal. This will also prevent your cat from clawing your expensive furniture.
- Provide your cat some hiding places around the house, if possible up high. For this, you can buy cat furniture, like cat trees, or you can create a comfortable area that is secluded.
- It is a good idea to spread some treats around the house in order to bring out the hunting instincts in the cat. This will also make its feeding more enjoyable.
- A litter box is one of the most important elements of cat care. Place the box in an isolated and quiet place that your cat likes, and ensure to provide multiple escape routes.
- Last but not the least, consider providing your pet cat some interesting cat toys. However, make sure that the toys you give to your cat are not harmful or else the cats may injure themselves while playing with these toys. A belt or a shoe lace can be a great toy and provide exercise for your pet cat.